Disclaimer: This is not an in-depth tech review post and definitely not sponsored.
So it’s been a week now since I got my Dell laptop and I’m honestly loving it so much! I’d been wanting and actually needing a new laptop for a while and I finally saved up for one. My 4-year old hot pink Lenovo cannot handle video editing and sometimes Photoshop editing for it has a lower processor. It still works though but it would over heat and shut down while I did work. Anyways. It was the ASUS UX310 that I originally wanted because it was thin and lightweight but forgot about it and moved on (lol) the moment I laid my eyes on a gold laptop from Dell.
But like what I always do before buying something, inexpensive or not, I did a lot of research if that particular model was a best buy especially for Photoshop and video editing needs. It was a fun research and I learned about the different processors, computer generations, if AMD or Intel is better, and all that jazz. Of course, I consulted with my really techie & geeky boyfriend first (and again and again!) and asked few of my tech blogger friends as well for their thoughts. I was actually torn between cores i5 and i7 – the latter is faster and better apparently – and I was SO close to purchasing the core i5 but I thought long and hard… Finally, I opted for a core i7. I’m proud of myself for making this huge and useful investment. #adulting
The Dell Inspiron 14 7460 model was released last October 2016 but there was only the core i5 then. I think the core i7 was released either late last year or earlier this year?? I’m not really sure. I knew about this laptop just last month. 🙂 Btw, there’s a quick unboxing video of it on my YouTube channel. Click here to watch.
Isn’t it beautiful? 🙂 I am so in love with the color. I got it in warm, rich gold just so it matches my mouse pad and phone. (Gotta admit though that I wished everything was in gold but it’s no big deal really.) The Dell 7460 is also light in weight at 1.64 kgs. Here are the complete tech specs:
- 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor
- Windows® 10 Home OS
- 32 GB Dual Channel DDR4 2133 MHz
- Intel Chipset
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 940MX with 2 GB GDDR5 graphics memory
- 14.0-inch FHD (1920×1080) IPS Truelife LED-Backlit Display
- 2 tuned speakers with Waves MaxxAudio® Pro
1 combo headphone / microphone jack
- Dual Drives with 128GB Solid State Drive + 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- 42 WHr, Prismatic 3-Cell Battery (integrated)
- Standard Widescreen HD (720p) Camera with Digital Microphone
- 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.2, Dual Band 2.4 & 5 GHz, 1×1
- Height: 18.95mm (0.75”) x Width: 323.3mm (12.73”) x Depth: 227.1mm (8.94”)
1.649 Kg / 3.64 lb w/ 1 TB HDD, 8 GB memory, non-backlit keyboard
- 1 HDMITM 1.4a / 1 USB 3.0 / 1 USB 3.0 with PowerShare / 1 USB 2.0 / 1 Noble lock slot
- 1 SD card (SD, SDHC, SDXC)
I’ve been using this literally every day since I got this and the performance is superb. I can now run many programs or software all at once without having to worry about my laptop working slow. I’ve heard that Dell support isn’t great though but we’ll see about that. Btw, I ordered mine from BLINQUE TECH (check them out here!) and bought it for a lower price than in the mall. Yeyy!!
Anyway, that’s it for today. Thanks for reading! ‘Til my next post.