Disclaimer: This is not an in-depth tech review post and definitely not sponsored.
I finally have a new laptop! It’s the Dell Inspiron 7460 in gold. ✨ It’s been a week now since I got it and I’m loving it so much! I’d been wanting and actually needing a newer one for a while because my Barbie pink Lenovo is kinda old now and can hardly handle video editing and sometimes Photoshop editing for it has a lower processor. It still works but it would over heat and shut down while I did work. 🙁
On top of my best buy laptops for 2016 list was the ASUS UX310. It was thin and lightweight but while I was at the mall, I saw this gold Dell laptop on a display shelf, and it was like love at first sight. Haha! But like what I always do before buying something, inexpensive or not, I did a lot of research if that particular model was one of the best buys, especially for Photoshop and video editing needs. Of course, I consulted with my really techie & geeky boyfriend first (and again and again! Lol) and asked few of my tech blogger friends as well for their opinion. I was actually torn between cores i5 and i7 – the latter is faster and better apparently – and I was SO close to purchasing the core i5 because it was less expensive, but I thought long and hard. It was the core i7 I opted for. This is a huge yet useful investment I just made this year and I couldn’t be more proud. #adulting Haha!
The Dell Inspiron 14 7460 model was released last October 2016 but there was only the core i5 then. I think the core i7 was released either late last year or earlier this year?? I’m not really sure. I knew about this laptop just last month. Anyway. Here are some pictures I took earlier to also give a better view of the laptop.
I got mine it in warm, rich gold just so it matches my mouse pad and phone. Gotta admit though that I wished everything was in gold but it’s no big deal really. The Dell 7460 is also light in weight (yay!!!) at 1.64 kgs. Here are the complete tech specs:
- 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor
- Windows® 10 Home OS
- 32 GB Dual Channel DDR4 2133 MHz
- Intel Chipset
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 940MX with 2 GB GDDR5 graphics memory
- 14.0-inch FHD (1920×1080) IPS Truelife LED-Backlit Display
- 2 tuned speakers with Waves MaxxAudio® Pro
1 combo headphone/microphone jack
- Dual Drives with 128GB Solid State Drive + 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- 42 WHr, Prismatic 3-Cell Battery (integrated)
- Standard Widescreen HD (720p) Camera with Digital Microphone
- 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.2, Dual Band 2.4 & 5 GHz, 1×1
- Height: 18.95mm (0.75”) x Width: 323.3mm (12.73”) x Depth: 227.1mm (8.94”)
1.649 Kg / 3.64 lb w/ 1 TB HDD, 8 GB memory, non-backlit keyboard
- 1 HDMITM 1.4a / 1 USB 3.0 / 1 USB 3.0 with PowerShare / 1 USB 2.0 / 1 Noble lock slot
- 1 SD card (SD, SDHC, SDXC)
I’ve been using this literally every day since I got this and the performance is superb. I can now run many programs or software all at once without having to worry about my laptop working slow. I’ve heard that Dell support isn’t great though but we’ll see about that. Btw, I ordered mine from BLINQUE TECH (check them out here!) and bought it for a lower price than in the mall. Yay for that!